Terms and Conditions
We would rather speak plainly, but our lawyer is here to. We'll let him talk and then we'll translate.
1. Regarding sales through our retail outlet (The Evidence Room):
All sales are final. Once you have received confirmation of the completion of sale it is final and your order will be shipped as contracted. No refunds will be awarded until the product has been recieved by the customer and a return order has been issued by one of our representatives. All products will be sold at the posted prices unless proper discounts are applied before check out. No discounts will be applied after checkout has been completed and no refunds will be issued in regards to discounts. The Smokin' Guitar does not price match and will not issue refunds of any kind in that regard. All warranties granted by the manufacturer are in effect according to their terms and The Smokin' Guitar is not responsible for executing such warranties. Meaning "You have now paid for it and it will be sent to you. The price has already been agreed upon and payment has been recieved. We will not apply discounts after checkout has been completed. We don't price match or "price gauranty". Also we won't refund anything without first recieving the product and inspecting it". "However, if you need help with an order, give us call and we will help out all we can".
2. Regarding submissions to our website:
Any and all materials, articles, photographs, video, soundclips and links to privately owned web addresses that are submitted to The Smokin' Guitar are submitted under your own free will thereby releasing The Smokin' Guitar of any and all liabilities regarding ownership and/or copyright and/or compensation for use. The Smokin' Guitar is not liable to any rights regarding copyright or compensation for submitted original or third party content. Meaning "We will not pay you to use any submitted material since we did not solicit your submission."
3. Regarding original content of The Smokin' Guitar: Any and all
ideas, articles, images, videos, content or intellectual properties of this
website of any kind that are generated by the administrators, employees and
members of The Smokin' Guitar remain the property of The Smokin' Guitar with all
rights to ownership either expressed or implied. Meaning "We own the rights to
everything that is ours and also, we can't be held liable for submitted original or third party content, but you can if you stole it from someone else or you steal it from us and give it to someone else without proper permissions".
4. Regarding all account registrations at The Smokin' Guitar (free or paid):
You are subject to our rules of membership. Any and all violations will be considered by our administrators for placing limitations, suspension, or cancellation of your account. If any action is deemed as inappropriate enough to warrant expulsion from participating in our community the account will be closed and a refund will be issued on all paid accounts on a pro-rated basis. Meaning "We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time. If we receive enough complaints by our patrons, moderators or administrators we're going to have to kick you out. If you're a paid member, you'll receive a refund in accordance with the amount of time you have left on your membership."
5. Regarding the perception of posted or submitted materials to The Smokin' Guitar by our members and visitors:
The Smokin' Guitar is not liable for any offensive content posted or submitted by our members or visitor. If any original or submitted content is deemed as offensive by other members and visitors they may petition to have it removed as well as request action regarding your membership with The Smokin' Guitar. The Smokin' Guitar is not required to take any action in any way. Meaning "If you are offended by something you see here, you can tell us about it. Although our awareness of it does not hold us responsible to do anything about it".
Rules of Membership
All V.I.P., Premium, and Free memberships will recieve the benefits contained in the Membership Agreement as stated. In accordance with this agreement all members agree to adhere to all the rules of membership stated as such. Meaning "Listen up, here's what expected from you":
1. No members shall display profanity, pornographic material or obscene behaviour as to offend other members or employees of The Smokin' Guitar through vulger postings to our pages, forums, or private messages. The Smokin' Guitar reserves the right to edit, delete or alter any or all submitted materials or postings at our own disgretion. Meaning "Don't be nasty or foul mouthed to other members or in your own account or we can take it down from the website and take any and all actions deemed appropiate by us regarding your account".
2. No members shall participate in any form of hazing or harassment of other members or visitor to our website through any form of postings, private messages, or submissions to our website. As complaints are recieved about inappropiate behaviour these claims will be investigated and appropiate actions may be taken at our own disgretion. The Smokin' Guitar is not responsible for the behaviour of it's members in any form. The Smokin' Guitar will not be held responsible to take any action in regards to our members behaviour and any actions or deletions that take place will be done so as a courtesy to our membership. The Smokin' Guitar will not be held liable for any lack of disgretion or offense you may take from the postings, private messages, or submissions to this website. Meaning "If you pick on somebody or offend them and they complain about it, we reserve the right to take any actions we see fit regarding your participation on our website and with your account. However any action taken will be considered as a courtesy to the plaintiff and not as a requirement of action by us."
3. No member shall attempt to alter our website, content, records, advertisements, or posts and submissions by other members. To do so, to make an attempt to do so, or to take information of any kind from our database is an infringment of the rights granted to The Smokin' Guitar and it's owners by United States Government. Violators will be prosecuted. Meaning "You're not allowed to hack our site and alter anything or steal any information. If you do it's not only against the rules, it's against the law and we will take action the fullest extent".
4. No members shall participate in claiming ownership over the content of this website as to claim compensatory rights. All original and third party content submissions are done so under the assumption of releasing The Smokin' Guitar from any liabilities or compensations. Any submitted content shall be considered free of charge and may be used at our own disgretion within this domain or any other domains owned by The Smokin' Guitar. Any due compensation is to be collected from the submitting member or visitor. Meaning "If you post something or submit content to our website we now have the right to use it on our sites as we see fit. We are not claiming ownership, but you are agreeing that we don't owe you or anyone else anything for using the posted or submitted material. If you do so, we may revoke your membership for such claims."
5. No members shall knowingly post third party content without expressed permission of use. Upon doing so the member is assuming all liabilities of compensatory rights of the owner. Said member is also assuming all liabilities of any copyright infringments of the owner. The Smokin' Guitar is not responsible to gain any permissions regarding posted or submitted content and will not be held liable for any infringments of copyrights of the submitted content. Meaning "If you post something or submit something to us and you don't have permission to do so, it's not our fault and you must accept responsiblity for it. If you claim we are responsible for compensations due to your submission, we have the right to take what actions as we see fit and we may revoke your membership for such claims".
6. No members shall require The Smokin' Guitar to take any actions regarding our original content or content submitted or posted by our members and visitors. The Smokin' Guitar cannot be held liable to take any actions regarding any submissions or posts. Meaning "If you submit something we are not required to post it, change or alter it from the way we recieved it, or to delete it at your request. To make demands of The Smokin' Guitar for such actions or to claim we are responsible to take actions is not permitted and we may take whatever action we feel is appropiate. Although a simple request may go a long way".
7. Follow "The Golden Rule" in accordance of your behaviour towards other members and visitors of this site and it's forums.That being said I hope we all can have a sense of humor about things and strive to get along. We want to promote an experience here that empowers our community to gain knowledge and make friends. If you need our help with something shoot us an email and I'm sure we will help you out if we can. Thanks for taking the time to read our rules, we appreciate your participation in our community.
- The Station
- The Squad Room
- The Line Up
- Gear Check
- Gear Review Submissions Page
- Boost, Overdrive, Distortion, & Preamp Pedals
- Delay, Chorus, Phaser, & Modulating Pedals
- Wah Pedals
- Multi-Effects Pedals & Rack Units
- Tuner Pedals, Pedal Boards, & Power Supply's
- Pickups, Wiring Harnesses, & Capacitors
- Bridges, Tremolos, Tuners, Tailpieces, & Nuts
- Cables, Picks, Straps, Slides, Capo's, Cases, & All Other Accessories
- Tubes & Speakers
- Luthiers, Guitar Techs, Amp Techs, & Boutique Builders
- All Other Instruments
- Evidence Room (the store)
- For The Record
- The Paddy Wagon
- The Links
- Memberships Page
- Terms And Conditions
- Contact Us
- Web Articles
Web Hosting by HostMonster